- The championships will be a one-off challenge, competed for between Shelton Striders, Derwent Runners and Team Derby Runner
- The competition will consist of one evening of racing, uphill and then a social evening
- Runners will compete against the clock and will be set off either individually or in small groups
- This is a team competition and all runners, regardless of speed, can score points
- There will also be prizes for the fastest man and woman
- The route will not be identified until the evening so that runners cannot practice
Venue to be decided
Date: Thursday 23rd June 2016
The team competition will be determined thus
- Each runner will be placed into a category according to their gender and their age on the day of the race.
- Age groups will be 5 years i.e. under 20, then 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-60 and so on.
- Points will be awarded in each age and gender group, 4 for the best finisher, 3 for the next fastest, 2 for the 3rd fastest and 1 for every other runner. The points structure is to encourage every runner to have the opportunity to contribute.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the fastest three male and the fastest three female runners, with their score counting as double their original score.
- The club scoring the highest number of points wins.
Enter on the night only Entry fee will be £3 per runner
Extra turns can be taken but each runner can only count one time (their best)
All proceeds will go to Shelton Striders’ Club Charity of the year which in 2016 is Mesothelioma UK
More details? Contact Dave Nunn