You can download a membership form by clicking HERE. After completing it can be scanned and sent to Tim Spate (see contacts page) who will advise about payment.
If you’re not already a member, please come down to either our Wednesday or Friday night sessions to find out who we are and what we do. You’re welcome to join as a guest on up to three occasions, but beyond that we expect participants to join as either social or competitive members.
The club is affiliated to England Athletics and competitive members join with England Athletics registration, which will entitle you to the registered athlete discount on race entries. Competitive members can also enter the club ballot (after a qualifying period) for a place in the London Marathon.
- The club (and England Athletics) membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- Competitive members will be registered with England Athletics and will receive a registration card which entitles you to enter events at the discounted (affiliated) rate and other EA benefits. Members must be EA registered to represent the club in races run under UKA rules, which include the Derby Runner Cross-Country League, and to accrue points in club Championship and Headbanger competitions.
- Junior membership applies to those aged under 18.
- Payments can be made online through the England Athletics. For those unable or preferring not to pay online, cash or cheque payable to ‘Shelton Striders’ is an option.
Current membership fees are £15 for an adult and £5 for Juniors (up to 18). EA Affiliation to become a competitive member is £15 (which goes directly to EA). Juniors rarely benefit from affiliation but, if chosen, is the same £15. Social (or second claim) membership for Adults is £15, for juniors it is £5 and for competitive membership it is £30 adults / £20 juniors
To check or update your England Athletics profile, login to the myATHLETICS Portal here.
For queries regarding club membership please contact the Membership Secretary. See the Contact Us page.
Membership subscriptions become due on 1 April and should be paid before 31st May 2020 in order to maintain your club membership and English Athletics registration status.
Members who have an email address registered with England Athletics should receive an email on or shortly after 1 April with a link to pay club membership fees online through the England Athletics Web Portal and are encouraged to make use of this payment method. This is the same whether you are a Competitive, Social or Second Claim member. If paying this way, there is no need to submit a new membership application form.
If your details have changed at all, and you are unable to amend this online using the EA portal, or want to change your membership status, then a new membership form will be required.
Nothing at the moment... watch this space
- October 4, 2020 – Shelton 10k
- October 4, 2020 – Shelton Fun Run
- October 11, 2020 – Golden Gates (TBC)
- October 11, 2020 – Golden Gates Fun Run (TBC)
- October 11, 2020 – Windgather
- October 25, 2020 – Worksop Fun Run
- October 25, 2020 – Worksop Half
- October 25, 2020 – XC5/XC1 Bagworth Heath
- November 1, 2020 – Dovedale Dash
- November 8, 2020 – Roaches