Shelton Striders take part in the Derby Runner Cross Country league during the winter months.
These races are open to all members but if you are thinking of taking part for the first time then please register your interest with johnthornton(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)tiscali.co.uk
1. Subject to levels of participation, there will be 12 categories:2 age groups for both boys and girls Senior men and ladies, F40, F50, F60, M40, M50, M60
2. For each race, the highest placed Strider in each category will be awarded 20 points, the second 19 points and so on.
3. The best 4 race scores will count for each runner.
4. In addition to the points awarded for each race, where applicable, bonus points will be added to the sum of each runner’s best 4 scores. 5 points will be awarded for 7 appearances, 4 points for 6 and 3 points for 5. If one race is cancelled, then 4 points will be awarded for 6 appearances and 3 points for 5.
5. The runner with the highest number of points will win the category award.
6. In the event of a 2- or 3-way tie within a category, then each of the top scorers will receive a winner’s award.
Cost of entries
Cost is £1 for juniors for all races, and £3 for adults, except for Prestwold Hall £5.00, Bradgate £4.00 and Grace Dieu £3.50.