Headbangers are off-road, fell, track or trail races, and can be either club organised or open events. They range from 2 miles up to marathon distance.
Anyone in the club can compete in the series as long they are affiliated, there are medals for overall winners, and V40,V50 and V60 categories. To get started, all you need is an ability to run, and a willingness to accept a challenge.
- There is 1 league within the Headbangers, this covers all events
- To receive points, Striders must be club members with either UKA or FRA membership at the time of the event
- The total score will be the sum of your six best scores. But competitors must complete a minimum of 3 events to get a final league place.
- The competitor(s) completing the most events will receive an additional point.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person who has beaten the other Strider the most times.
- The FRA have clarified certain rules regarding essential equipment to be carried. For AL, AM and BL events, you MUST have Waterproof body cover, hat, gloves, compass, whistle, emergency food. For all other events this is recommended, but it is at the discretion of the organiser if these are either not required or additional items required. There are also from this 2019 requirements regarding GPS at event. See the race organiser’s website for requirements. This is for your safety!
- The rules and a useful leaflet on Hypothermia are here and copies will be available on the Strider website.
Next Headbanger Events
- January 26, 2020 – Tigger Tor
- April 12, 2020 – Peat Pits
- April 26, 2020 – KInder Downfall
- June 5, 2020 – Castleton
- July 15, 2020 – Black Rocks
- July 19, 2020 – Holme Moss
- August 7, 2020 – Hob Hurst's
- August 13, 2020 – Blue Bell 2
- August 22, 2020 – Burnsall Fell
- August 27, 2020 – Pilsley
- October 11, 2020 – Windgather
- November 1, 2020 – Dovedale Dash
- November 8, 2020 – Lathkil
- November 8, 2020 – Roaches
- November 28, 2020 – Baslow Bolt