Shelton Striders Couch to 5K
Start running with us!
Join our Couch to 5K programme and you’ll be up and running in no time. Our friendly, qualified Coaches and Run Leaders will support you through a specifically designed beginners’ training programme. Taking place on Friday evenings alongside our usual club evening, the Couch to 5K offers:
• Dedicated training sessions in small groups
• A tailored training programme
• Advice on nutrition, stretching and injury prevention
• The opportunity to talk to other runners and learn from their experiences
We recommend that anyone wanting to start the programme make sure they regularly walk for at least 30 mins 3 or 4 times per week to help them get the most from the programme.
Cost is £2 per week (first week is free). We do encourage you to join the club where, on a regular basis, you will receive support and help on your running journey whether you just want to run socially, take on 10k events or even progress to 100mile Ultra events. Details of membership can be found HERE or speak to one of the leaders.
The next programme starts on 11 May 2018. Please sheltoncouchto5k(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com for details.
Nothing at the moment... watch this space
- January 27, 2019 – Tigger Tor
- February 3, 2019 – Brooksie Winter Bash
- February 17, 2019 – Leicestershire Half
- February 17, 2019 – XC5 - Grace Dieu
- March 3, 2019 – XC6 - Bosworth Battle Field
- March 10, 2019 – Weston 5 and Fun Run
- March 17, 2019 – Stafford Half
- March 24, 2019 – Malaga Half
- April 7, 2019 – Derby 10k and fun run
- April 12, 2019 – HC1 - From the Club