Shelton Striders Couch to 5K
Start running with us!
Join our Couch to 5K programme and you’ll be up and running in no time. Our friendly, qualified Coaches and Run Leaders will support you through a specifically designed beginners’ training programme. Taking place on Friday evenings alongside our usual club evening, the Couch to 5K offers:
• Dedicated training sessions in small groups
• A tailored training programme lasting 10 weeks
• Advice on stretching and injury prevention
• The opportunity to talk to other runners and learn from their experiences
• Graduation run to be at the brand new Alvaston Park Parkrun
We recommend that anyone wanting to start the programme make sure they regularly walk for at least 30 mins 3 or 4 times per week to help them get the most from the programme.
Cost is £2 per week (first week is free). We do encourage you to join the club where, on a regular basis, you will receive support and help on your running journey whether you just want to run socially, take on 10k events or even progress to 100mile Ultra events. Details of membership can be found HERE or speak to one of the leaders.
The next programme starts on 3rd May 2019. Please email shelton.striders00(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com for details.
New joiners welcome until week two, 10th May
Nothing at the moment... watch this space
- November 17, 2019 – Derby 10m
- November 17, 2019 – XC1 - Holly Hayes
- November 24, 2019 – Clowne Half
- December 8, 2019 – Litton Christmas cracker
- December 8, 2019 – XC2 - Bradgate Park
- December 15, 2019 – Bolsover 10k
- December 21, 2019 – Long Eaton Parkrun
- January 19, 2020 – XC3 - Groby School
- January 26, 2020 – XC4 Grace Dieu
- February 16, 2020 – XC5 Bagworth Heath