We need you! All runners of all standards can contribute to helping us to win the first ever one-off Shelton Striders v Derwent Runners Hill Climb Championship
Hill Climb Competition
· The championships will be a one-off challenge, competed for between Shelton Striders and Derwent Runners
· The competition will consist of one evening of racing, uphill
· Runners will compete against the clock and will be set off either individually or in small groups, depending on the numbers of runners taking part
· The overall winners will be the man and woman finishing in the quickest time
· The route will not be identified until the evening so that runners cannot practice
Meet at the Bell Harp, Little Eaton, 6.30pm Thursday 12th June 2014
The team competition will be determined thus
· Each runner will be placed into a category according to their gender and their age on the day of the race.
· Age groups will be 5 years i.e. under 20, then 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-60 and so on.
· Points will be awarded in each age and gender group, 4 for the best finisher, 3 for the next fastest, 2 for the 3rd fastest and 1 for every other runner. The points structure is to encourage every runner to have the opportunity to contribute.
· Bonus points will be awarded to the fastest three male and the fastest three female runners, with their score counting as double their original score.
· The club scoring the highest number of points wins.
Entry fee will be £3 per runner
Extra turns can be taken at a cost of £2 per go but each runner can only count one time (their best)
All proceeds will go to Shelton Striders’ Club Charity of the year which in 2014 is the Motor Neurone Disease Association
As Derwent Runners advertise themselves as Derby’s most sociable running club let’s give them a run for their money afterwards in the Bell Harp too!
Contact Dave Nunn for more details on dave.p.nunn(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)hotmail.co.uk