Headbangers are off-road, fell, track or trail races, and can be either club organised or open events. They range from 2 miles up to marathon distance.
Anyone in the club can compete in the series, there are medals for both the All-Rounder and for the Short series (up to about 8ish miles).
To get started, all you need is an ability to run, and a willingness to accept a challenge.
- There are 2 leagues within the Headbangers, the Long and Short Championships.
- Short events are up to about 14k, a Strider will automatically be in the Long Championship after completion of 3 Long/Harder events scored with 51 or more points.
- To receive points, Striders must be fully paid up as competitive members at the time of the event.
- The total score will be the sum of your six best scores, with a maximum of 3 long events for the Long Championship. But competitors must complete a minimum of 3 events to get a final league place.
- The competitor(s) completing the most events will receive an additional point.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person who has beaten the other Strider the most times.
- The FRA have clarified certain rules regarding essential equipment to be carried. For AL, AM and BL events, you MUST have Waterproof body cover, hat, gloves, compass, whistle, emergency food. For all other events this is recommended, but it is at the discretion of the organiser if these are either not required or additional items required. See the race organiser’s website for requirements. This is for your safety!
- The rules and a useful leaflet on Hypothermia are here and copies will be available on the Strider website.