Coaching/Training – IMPORTANT Please read!!!
Meeting Regarding Coaching and Training 1/8/17
Attendees: P Holden (Chair), P Webster (Welfare), R Green (Secretary), M Darling (Coach), A Brooks (Coach), E Roe (Independent).
The meeting was called to discuss issues that have arisen at training and coaching sessions at Darley. The Committee members explained that new policy documents were scheduled to be completed in the near future to allow the club to comply with EA rules; however until these policy documents have been approved by the Committee the following rules, to ensure safety and safe-guarding, shall apply in the interim:
Attendance by Younger Members
1. Children under 12 need a parent or approved guardian to run with them in training or coaching sessions. If the parent or guardian is a non-runner then they shall be within sight of the child at all times. Parents or guardians shall: sign in/out the child (per session), provide an emergency telephone number, and provide relevant medical information.
2. For children between 12 and 15 a parent or guardians shall: sign in/out the child (per session), provide an emergency telephone number, and provide relevant medical information. Parents or guardians do not need to be present during the session but are responsible for the drop off and pick up of the child.
3. Younger members between 16 and 18 will need a parent or guardian to provide a consent signature, emergency contact number and emergency medical information providing; this is a one off form.
4. Children shall stay with the training group for the entirety of the session and follow the instructions of the coach, LiRF or assistant coach. If the child needs to leave the group early they shall be signed out by the parent or guardian.
Friday is not a coached session – it is a social run from the club house.
1. All guests shall sign in the guest book, understanding their responsibilities. They shall provide the information requested within the guest book and be aware of the disclaimer and code of conduct.
2. If any children (under 16) are to be left with friends while their parent or guardian is running then the parent/guardian shall provide a consent signature, emergency contact number and emergency medical information.
1. Non-members shall sign in for each Wednesday session.
2. Non-members may attend for 3 occasions, after that they will be expected to join as a member.
3. New attendees are requested to contact the coach prior to attending a Wednesday session (see contacts on the website). They should arrive 20 minutes before the start of the session, and the coach will provide an induction.
1. The coaches will provide session plans that may be then managed by an assistant coach or LiRF.
2. The EA recommended group size is roughly 12-20 people per member of coaching staff. To allow Shelton Striders to continue without imposing pre-booking and size caps all attendees will be expected to comply with the ‘Code of Conduct’ and follow the instructions of the coaching volunteers.
3. The ‘fast’ group is not coached, at Darley they are training separately from the organised coaching sessions. All members of the ‘fast’ group shall sign a disclaimer so that they understand the club’s and their obligations.
4. Attendees are requested to arrive for the warm-up prior to the coaching sessions; a late arriver shall first make the coach aware before joining the session.
5. If a group is too large (in the coach’s opinion) it is the coach’s discretion as to whether people can partake in the session.
Code of Conduct
This document will be available shortly; all members/attendees shall make themselves aware of this document. Attendees not following the code of conduct may be asked to leave the session.
Please bear with us as we begin to implement these systems. They are being implemented for your safety and the safe-guarding of children and vulnerable adults. They are also required to allow the coaching volunteers to safety and properly manage the coaching sessions in compliance with UKA rules/guidelines.
This interim policy statement will be replaced as quorate committee approved policy documents come on line in the near future.
Anyone who does not wish to comply with this request should discuss their concerns with the Chair, Secretary or if they are unavailable a Coach.
Coaching/Training – IMPORTANT Please read!!!
Nothing at the moment... watch this space
- March 18, 2018 – Ashby 20
- March 21, 2018 – Dave Denton Midweek 1 Mile
- March 21, 2018 – Dave Denton Midweek 5KM
- March 23, 2018 – AGM
- March 30, 2018 – Committee Meeting
- April 8, 2018 – Loughborough Half
- April 13, 2018 – HC1 - Club Run
- April 14, 2018 – Chicken Run
- April 15, 2018 – Derby 10k
- April 18, 2018 – Dave Denton Midweek 1 Mile